Selamat Hari Raya from all of us at Zahara! We hope that you and your loved ones have had a blessed Ramadan. This is a time where we learn to be grateful for all our daily blessings and appreciate our family and friends.
To keep up with the Raya celebrations, we’ve come up with a unique tutorial for you. Our very own Zahara girl, Juliana has come up with a few ways in which you can wear your scarf for the many open houses you will attend this Raya.
Here are three ways in which you can wear your scarf over the visiting period.
Watch our video tutorial here:
Continue reading for more detailed directions on how to achieve these 3 different styles.
Juliana went for a traditional, wonderfully draped design.
1. Start by adjusting the scarf over your head. You want to ensure that your scarf is much longer on one side and shorter on the other.
2. Ensure that the shorter side is just the right length for you to wrap around the front of your neck, all the way up past your temples on the other side. Secure it into place once you have found the right spot.
3. On the end which has been pinned, arrange the remaining length of the scarf and wrap it around the opposite side of your neck until it creates a draped effect down the front.
4. With the longer piece, create lose pleats with your fingers and drape the fabric loosely over your opposite shoulder but be sure not to block the pattern you had already created with the shorter piece.
Secure wherever necessary and that’s it!
The second style has two variations which you can try out. It’s a beautiful wrap around your neck.
1. Begin with adjusting your scarf so that they fall at even lengths on both sides
2. Wrap both ends around your neck and let it hang over your shoulders. You will need to layer one end on top of the other. Pin down around the sides of your head to keep the scarf from slipping.
3. You may end the style here or continue for an alternative style.
4. Now that both the ends are hanging over your shoulder, make a neat knot (as best you can) behind your head.
5. This can be pretty challenging but we recommend you have a mirror nearby and to keep checking. From here, take one of the pieces and hide the other underneath it. This is as if you are creating a pony-tail style.
That finishes off the second look!
This is the third and final style of this post.
1. Firstly, start off by measuring the length of your sides. Make sure one end is shorter than the other by ⅓.
2. Tightly wrap the front of your scarf to fit your head and secure the bottom in place with a safety pin.
3. Moving on, on the side with the longer end, take the piece which is closest to your face and wrap it around your neck and all the way around your back. Until the remaining fabric falls to the front of your shoulders.
4. With the opposite end, take the loose fabric and conceal it inside the drapings you created with the longer piece around your neck.
This look is now nearly complete!
5. Add some glam by using your favourite pair of long and sparkling earrings to really add some oomph! The trick is to loop the earrings through the fabric of the scarf without exposing any skin. How genius!
Will you be trying out any of these looks during your Raya visitations? What are your favourite everyday easy scarf styles that you love to wear without fail?
Do share your Raya looks with us and you may even receive a $10 gift voucher off your next purchase with us! For more details, you can check it out here: https://www.zahara.com/pages/rayareadywithzahara
Till then, we hope you’re snacking on all the Raya goodness and having a great time catching up with all your family members!
See you at the next one!
Selamat Hari Raya Maaf Zahir & Batin.
(Written by Luxmee Sabapathy)
Comments will be approved before showing up.